Submission Period of Papers and Abstracts:
February 25 to September 08, 2019.
Instructions for Submission of Papers | Abstracts
- The author responsible for submitting the Abstract must be registered.
- Please do not try to submit the same Abstract more than once. If the system detects a duplicate submission, your work will be rejected.
- It will be allowed to submit only one Abstract per registration.
- Indicate the preference for Oral or Poster presentation.
- There is no maximum limit of authors per Abstract.
- The Oral presentations will have 10 minutes for Questions and Answers and in the form of Poster will have 1 hour, being mandatory the presence of at least one of the authors.
- The authors should request during submission of abstracts online if they wish to submit a poster if it is not accepted for oral presentation and if they wish to have their abstracts published in a Special Edition of the International Scientific Periodical of High Impact (to be defined by the scientific committee). Only Abstracts written in English will be evaluated by the members of the editorial board of the journal.
- The results should be original (not formerly published before).
- The results should be substantial. Authors should not divide study results into multiple abstracts with minimal information.
- Bibliographic review will not be accepted.
- The Abstract should summarize quantitative data. Abstrcats that simply state that the results presented should be discussed later will not be accepted.
The Abstracts should address one of the following topics:
- Food and Health (AS)
- Food biochemistry and biotechnology (BB)
- Process Engineering and Emerging Technologies (ET)
- Food Formulation and Processing (PF)
- Chemical and physicochemical characterization of foods (CF)
- Sensory sciences and consumer profile (CS)
The abstract should be submitted in one of the following languages:
– Contain Title, Authorship (names citations in order of authorship), Teaching Institution, Scientific Text and when necessary Funding Body.
– Limit of 300 words for Scientific Text.
-Tables and figures should not be included.
– The Work | Abstract should contain: introduction and objectives, methodology, results, discussion, conclusions.
– Do not include references unless it is necessary;
Download the template here
The abstracts will be sent to the Scientific Committee for review and consideration. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to refuse or decide on the final presentation format. Every effort will be made to meet the indicated presentation form, however, due to the limited number of sessions, the organizers may indicate the exchange of Oral presentation for poster presentation.
Each submission will be preliminarily evaluated using the following criteria:
- Scientific merit
- Creativity and original content
- Practical application
Resumes and presentations should not be of a commercial nature and authors should avoid excessive use of trade names of products and companies unless submitted by an exhibiting company for the Special Exhibitor Sessions.
Poster preparation guidelines
The poster must be prepared in a clear and aesthetic way and will have a useful space of 0,8 m wide x 1,0 m high;
The poster language should be the same as that used in the Work | Summary file submitted for evaluation;
The text should include a brief introduction, objectives, methodology, experimental results, conclusions and funders (if any);
Put a rectangular text box (Borderless) with the following measurements and image:
- 30 cm largura x 15 cm de altura
See here the illustrative template for download.
Download here the official SLACA logo that should be placed on your poster.
The poster shall be affixed to the panel with double sided ribbons provided by the organization.
Two Poster Sessions will be held: the first at 12:10 to 13:10 and the second from 17:30 to 18:30. The presence of the author (s) responsible for presenting the poster during the period is mandatory.
On the day of the presentation, the poster presented in the first session should be set between 9:00 and 11:50 and can only be withdrawn between 13:10 and 13:30 *. As lready the poster presented in the second session should be set between 13:30 and 16:50 being withdrawn between 18:30 and 18:45*.
The Judging Committee will evaluate the work during the Poster Session.A
There is no need to forward the posters before the event.
We will not print the posters at the venue.
* Posters that are not taken out at the end of each session will be considered discarded. We are not responsible for damages to the Posters that are not removed at the end of each session.